OMG you’re engaged! Now be prepared to face an endless list of things to conquer in order to plan the biggest party of your life, that will take MONTHS (shit, maybe even years) to plan & will last a duration of approximately 5 hours. Is it all worth it? Abso-fucking-lutely. This is the day that you are exchanging vows with the person you’re going to spend the rest of your life with and celebrate with your closests friends & family. Make it a memorable one.
Now to the lists of 5 things YOU MUST DO after getting engaged. Take notes.
1. Talk $$ Weddings are fucking expensive! After the frills of becoming a feyonce have died down, you need to discuss your wedding budget. Speak with family members and your hubby to see what a realistic budget would be. Now, stick with the budget. Good luck.
2. Hire yourself a planner You wouldn’t give yourself your own root canal, would you? Leave it to the professionals and hire a planner for your wedding. Do not make the mistake of going solo on planning the biggest event of your life! If you can’t afford full service planning, look into hiring a day of coordinator to set up your decor and pack up at the end of the night – it is 100% worth the investment. (PS If you’re in Arizona and I highly recommend Kate & Company!)
3. Pick a Venue/Date I’ve combined these two because sometimes you have to be flexible to get what you want. If you fall in love with a venue but your date isn’t available, pick another date! Once you’ve selected a venue and your wedding date, the ball gets rolling.
4. Send out your Save the Dates As soon as you select a date, notify your guests! If you’re having a destination wedding, you’ll want to do this as soon as possible to allow your guests to take time off work and plan for traveling!
5. Book a Sandals Honeymoon I’m not kidding,Sandals was the best experience of my life. Imagine waking up to breakfast in bed, walking down to grab a mimosa at the beach bar, scuba diving in crystal blue waters, endless buffets, unlimited french fries & wine – literally heaven. An all inclusive resort is THE way to go for your honeymoon and you will seriously regret not doing so. Click here to check out the amazing Sandals resorts.
Here’s me and my boo at the Royal Caribbean Resort in Montego Bay Jamaica ❤
Subscribe to The Modern Bride below